Remote, anywhere in Latin America
Job | Posted on 09/08/2021
Remote, anywhere in Latin America
At Blue Coding we specialize in hiring amazing developers. Through our work we help companies both large and small build great development teams and develop great products. Our team of over 30 is distributed in more than 10 countries across the Americas. Our clients include online retailers, digital agencies, SaaS companies, and software consultancies.
In this opportunity we are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to work with one of our American clients and help them drive new product and feature development. We're seeking someone who can resolve problems swiftly, is a team player, is self-driven, and speaks English fluently. Our client is a small mission-driven startup with financial backing from leading investors who share their vision. They are ramping up to respond to high demand from stakeholders across the education marketplace. They work with educators, schools, and publishers to bring new, innovative capabilities and workflows over digital content. This is a passionate team looking to make the internet more accessible to all and believes in the power of open source development.
If you are creative, capable, and a collaborative person team member, this is a great fit for you! Our jobs are fully remote and flexible - as long as you have the skills and can get the work done well, you can work anywhere (and anytime) you want.
- You will report to the Director of Engineering, and will lead the work to build, document and maintain the next generation service delivery platform.
- You will bring core competencies and expert understanding in deploying and automating the delivery of containerized workloads at scale.
- Your skill set will be used to help expand the capabilities of our existing Site Reliability Engineering team to ensure the stability, reliability and future growth of our organization.
- Super excited about working on open source projects
- Very personable and social
- Loves learning new things
- Unafraid to ask questions
- Committed to improving both as a technologist and a human being.
- Tenacious, self-directed, and highly motivated,
- Enjoys helping others around you grow as developers and be successful.
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Approaches work with a mindset that allows for growth and change.
- Loves problem solving.
- Values simplicity over complexity.
- Wouldn’t think to move on without documenting your work so you (or anyone else) can drop back in six months from now and understand it.
- Wants to help everyone around them better understand how to operate software at scale and is eager to take on the responsibilities outlined for this role
- Experience with remote work and understands the importance of good time management, self-motivation, and self-discipline as a remote worker
- Understanding of the ins and outs of AWS, Linux, Terraform, Containerization and a host of other technologies well enough to teach others
- Must operate from the CLI
- Proficient with a programming language like Python, Java or Ruby
- Provision infrastructure and tooling required to deliver the next generation service delivery platform
- Deliver containerized workloads at scale
- Build automated tooling to configure and maintain the platform and services with an eye for consistency and repeatability
- Document environments and tooling so the whole team can understand
- Work within the Site Reliability team to ensure consistent delivery of the applications
- Experience developing enterprise grade solutions that are used at scale
- Experience working with Development and Site Reliability teams
- Knowledgeable about containerization and next generation cloud computing
- Familiarity with security best practices
- Inclined to automate, but can discern when automation isn’t the best solution and present alternatives
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment systems, and have ideas about how to build and improve them
- Considers the importance of security, and enjoy the idea of partnering with engineers to ensure the integrity of our customers’ data
- Experience working within on-premise environments
- Willing to participate in an on-call rotation
- Salary in USD
- Direct placement – you will be working directly on our client's team
- 4-6 weeks PTO, including vacations, holidays, and sick days
- Health insurance subsidy
- 100% remote
- Long-term; full-time