Mobile QA Engineer
Job | Posted on 23/06/2021
At Blue Coding we specialize in hiring amazing developers. Through our work, we help companies, both large and small, build great development teams and develop great products. Our team of over 30, is distributed in more than 10 countries across the Americas. Our clients include online retailers, digital agencies, SaaS companies, and software consultancies.
In this opportunity we are looking for an experienced Mobile QA Engineer to work with one of our American clients and help them drive new products and project development. We are looking for someone who can resolve problems swiftly, is a team player, is fluent in English, and is self-driven.
Our client's industry is in a state of flux. Consumers are embracing technologies, devices, and services that make everyday tasks like shopping and cooking faster, easier, and more efficient. Our client empowers their customers to grow with the evolving needs of today’s shoppers by creating and building web and mobile applications exclusively for grocers. This helps their clients expand their online presence, offer personalized customer experiences, and sell their products online. All of this is achieved via a cohesive enterprise SaaS platform.
If you are creative, capable, and collaborative, this is a great fit for you! Our jobs are fully remote and flexible - as long as you have the skills and can get the work done well, you can work anywhere (and anytime) you want.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a QA Engineer, you will be involved throughout the development lifecycle of our client Development team with particular responsibility in the quality assurance of software development with emphasis on development and implementation of test automation.
You will work with cross-functional teams on effective Automated Test strategies for functional, system and performance testing.
You will contribute to achieving continuous regression testing across all applications and platforms.
You will participate in the cross functional teams and help with acceptance criteria, test scripts and test scenarios to ensure engineers understand the business requirements and can be effectively tested.
You will be working closely with engineers as they develop code to ensure requirements are being met and to the correct quality.
You will conduct automated (and manual tests where necessary) to ensure the software created is fit for purpose.
You will be responsible for defining and driving innovative automated testing strategies and toolsets into our client overall development processes that support and enhance the current Quality Assurance processes.
- 3+ years QA experience in a mobile environment, ideally with some exposure to Agile.
- Experience with Selenium Grid
- Experience in using Appium for React Native based mobile applications for both Android and iOS
- Knowledge of version control tools (Git, Bitbucket)
- Strong knowledge of Unix shell commands, SQL and database technology
- Strong understanding of the Quality Assurance concepts.
- A background in working with test automation, including both running and implementing tests and test suites
- Comfortable with a programming language like Python
- Proven experience testing mobile applications and API integrations
- Proven track record in process improvement
- Detail oriented with a keen eye for spotting bugs.
- Excited about working with a growing and diverse team
- Communication skills to address a variety of audiences and deliver critical feedback.
- Self-motivated, work well on your own, and don't need to be micromanaged.
- Passionate about continuous improvements and pushing for new and innovative tools and approaches to enhance quality
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Salary in USD
- 14 days' paid vacation
- Home office subsidy
- 100% remote
- Full-time; long-term
- Flexible schedule (within US time zones)