Senior Java Engineer
Remote, anywhere in Latam
Job | Posted on 27/07/2022
Remote, anywhere in Latam
Would you like to be a part of the next generation of leading developers?
Do you want to earn a salary in USD?
Would you like to work from wherever you want?
Hi, you finally found us!
Why work with Blue Coding?
At Blue Coding we specialize in hiring amazing developers and amazing people from all over Latin America and other parts of the world. For nearly a decade, we’ve helped cutting-edge companies in the United States and Canada -both large and small-, build great development teams and develop innovative products. Online shops, digital agencies, SaaS providers, and software consulting firms are just a few of our diverse clients. Our team of over 50 engineers is distributed in more than 10 countries globally. We are a fully remote company working with a wide array of technologies and have expertise in every stage of the software development process.
You will be part of a tight-knit and culturally diverse team that loves movie nights, trivia and puppies. Our collaborators are individually involved in many initiatives around the world, from wildlife preservation to volunteering at local charities. We also participate in group activities like movie and gaming nights and hold yearly retreats when travel allows. We stand for honesty, fairness, respect, efficiency, hard work, and cooperation.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Java Developer to work with one of our American clients and help them make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay on top of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatments, continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
We’re seeking a collaborative, proactive team player, with a high-level of technical competency & leadership, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and great attention to detail, this fully remote job is for you. So if you have the skills and can get the job done, come join us and work from anywhere you want!
What's unique about this job?
Our client is an online media and technology company that serves businesses and consumers in Automotive, Health, Legal, and Home/Travel. Their fully integrated approach combines leading web solutions for businesses with media websites for consumers. Their award-winning consumer websites serve more than 250 million monthly visitors. They employ more than 5,000 people in over 20 office locations around the world. They are proud to foster a unique culture that combines the innovation of a start-up with the stability and profitability of an established corporation.
Here are some of the exciting day-to-day challenges you will face in this role:
This person will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining complex web applications.
Full-cycle development and full implementation of web applications.
Take the product from concept to production through the following high-level tasks.
Analysis of requirements to drive further clarification; propose, define and document sound design/refactoring options & alternatives.
Create sound pre-development estimates and assign tasks to other developers.
Develop application code and unit tests; integrate with other WebMD applications as necessary.
Deliver integrated application components to the Testing and Quality Assurance team.
Support delivery to a Production environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of disciplined application design and development experience, preferably in the Internet or Software industry.
- Demonstrated strong development skills in Java SE.
- Experience with designing and developing web-based applications using OOD and OOP for moderate to high traffic sites.
- Experience developing unit and integration tests using Junit, Spock, and Spring Testing framework.
- Experience setting up Apache web server and Tomcat on Windows and Linux systems.
- Familiarity with Linux systems and using shell commands.
- Experience with application packaging and deployment tools – e.g., Maven, Gradle.
- Prior responsibilities that required communication and coordination across different groups: e.g., Engineering, QA, Operations, and Project Management.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Hands-on experience using technologies like Spring MVC/Spring Batch/Spring Boot, and Rest API is preferred.
- Familiarity with Docker/Kubernetes is a plus.
- Front-end development experience with Vue.js is desirable.
- Salary in USD
- Flexible schedule (within US time zones)
- 100% remote
- Long-term and full-time